Four Months Old
Today BabyAwesome is FOUR MONTHS old! And as a little update to her crazy night schedule I can say things are going MUCH better now:
5/10/2010 Violet’s Night Waking Log (4 months)
7:00 bath, prayers, bed, asleep by 7:30
10:00 fuss/cry, J fed her 4oz bottle, asleep by 10:30
6:00 (I’m panicking) found her on her belly, fast asleep with her thumb in her mouth
7:20 I wake her up to start her day
Asleep Time: 7:30pm
Awake Time: 7:20am
Total number of awakenings: 1
Longest sleep span: 9 hours
Total hours of sleep: 12 hours
I have to admit this is the first time she’s done that, but for a few weeks now she’s only been waking up at 3 or 4am for a bottle.
So what changed? Well, for about a week now, we’ve been solely formula. That’s the biggest difference. But for awhile I pumped and gave it to her in bottles, and that helped a lot. When she was nursing she just wasn’t taking more than an ounce or two at a time, and with the bottles I could control her snacking. Another thing that has been great is the thumb sucking (remind me of this in a few years when I’m complaining about it), because it helps her soothe herself.
Things that are new for BabyAwesome:
Started blowing bubbles
Sucks her thumb/fingers all the time
Plays with her feet
Pushes up on her arms
Rolls from tummy to back like a champ, and can roll from her back to her side, and her side to her tummy, but not quite doing it all in one motion
Sitting up for a few seconds unsupported
She also had her checkup today, and here are the stats:
Weight: 11lbs 9oz (13%)
Length: 24-1/4in (53%)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment