So, BabyAwesome is not such an awesome sleeper. In fact, I blame it mostly on the colic – really, when she did manage to be quiet and sleep we just pretty much let her do what she wanted because she was SLEEPING! So now that she’s 14 weeks old, and mostly happy and fun to be around, and our daytime naps are getting more consistent, I’ve decided that we must work on getting our nights under control.
When I have a problem I read a book. I’m a reader. So I’ve delt with the Baby Whisperer, The Happiest Baby on the Block, Baby Wise, and now I’m currently on my way through the No-Cry Sleep Solution. (BTW, I’ve had much success with the Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems and would recommend it… except for the woman is NO HELP when it comes to colic, and actually says tough sh*t, guess you’ll have to live with it. What?!)
Anyhoo, there is a point here.
For the No-Cry Sleep Solution I’m supposed to write down in the night when/how baby sleeps. And although I have felt like the waking dead lately, I was pretty certain that BabyAwesome had been getting up in the night about 3 times.
So last night, I followed the book to the T and here is my log:
Violet's Night Waking Log
4/20/10 - 14 weeks old
9:00 (started going down at 8:20) finally asleep, slept for 1 hour
10:06 dream feed (she didn't wake me) nursed 15 min, down at 10:21, slept for 2 1/4 hours
12:47 cry/scream shush/pat/paci, down at 12:52, slept for 1 hour
2:04 cry/scream nursed, asleep at 2:12, slept for 6 min
2:15-18 whimpered I stayed in bed and listened, then she cried: changed diaper, swaddled, turned sheep on, rocked, paci 2:23, slept for 2 1/2 hours
5:00-05 murmured I stayed in bed and listened, then she cried: nursed to asleep, put in crib and woke up - did this twice… then rocked w/ paci (had to fight to get paci in) turned on sheep, asleep at 5:16, slept for 15 min
5:31 cry/scream gave paci, pat, asleep at 5:33, slept for 45 min
6:15 cry gave paci, rocked, asleep at 6:18, slept for 45 min
7:25 cooing/talking: up for the day
Asleep Time: 9:00pm
Awake Time: 7:25am
Total number of awakenings: 7
Longest sleep span: 2 1/2 hours
Total hours of sleep: 10 1/2
What the heck?!!! She got up SEVEN TIMES? And nursed three times!? She’s almost FOUR months old!!!
When I put this on paper today I suddenly realized why I’m so darn tired!
And why we need to solve these sleep issues ASAP before Mommy has a breakdown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I started yawning and getting a twitch in my left eye just reading about it... i will pray for you and your, um, predicament.
I'm sorry. You must be exhausted! This sounds much like how Sarah slept...I also have a sleep log of her when she was little. I really think the No-Cry solution can work if you are consistent with it. I was never consistent and then just let her cry it out at a year out of pure exhaustion. You were a superstar at getting her to nap so I'm sure you can solve these night wakings!!
I threw away "the baby whisperer
'and used "no cry solution
'because i cannot take my baby girl's cry.I am luky. my ten weeks baby dose not wake up 7 times a night after i swaddle her.
Post a Comment