- Bug had her first dentist appointment – which went great – and she got a free ice cream cone out of the deal. We redeemed the free ice cream from Chic-fil-a immediately afterwards, and she finished off her nuggets by dipping them IN the ice cream.
Gag.Delicious. - Potty training is on hold for now. We gave it a good solid one/two week effort. The first few days we had a few successes, but it just didn’t quite click. She’s wearing pull-ups now, and we still sit on the potty every day, but she just hasn’t quite connected the urge to go with getting to the potty – or else she just doesn’t want to. She does stay dry for a lot longer these days, though. So no pressure, we’ll try again in a few weeks.
- We’ve decided that we’re taking a break from dance class until next year. About a month ago, they changed the songs/order of what they do in class, which set little MissBug off. She pouted at every new song, and decided to sit or stand in the corner when they would come on. At our class last week, she just decided to pout through the ENTIRE class - while very pregnant Mommy danced around trying to get her to participate. I’m sure it was a sight. Anyway – we want this to be fun, and if she doesn’t want to do it, that’s OK. So, we decided not to sign up for the December lessons, and we’ll try again next fall when she’s not TWO anymore.
- This week MissBug starts “school!” We’re enrolling her in a Parent’s Day Out program at a local church – it’s four hours, one day a week, and
MommyBug is really looking forward to it. We decided to start her this month instead of next, so that hopefully there’s no association with the birth of BabyAwesome – in case she handles it the way she did with dance class. - I’m going to be a full time stay at home mom! My last day at work is December 16th, and then I’m retiring from the architectural work-force for awhile. I’m really looking forward to being home with our two little girls, but I’m really scared and nervous about it too.
- My handy-man husband has been super busy with finally getting our house settled… and it’s almost there. We have nearly-every room painted, curtains and blinds hung, and we just got new furniture for the living room. There’s just one room (the
junk roomoffice) that’s still full of boxes, and the living room/kitchen to paint. Now that our Christmas decorations are up, it’s starting to really feel like home! - Speaking of J – he’s been at his new job for a full YEAR now. He still really likes it and it is unbelievable how time flies. We're so lucky that he's finally in a place where he's doing something he enjoys.
The Christmas Card Update
We’re having so many “firsts” and changes around here lately that I think I’ll just give you the down and dirty quick update.
File under:
Adventures of Bug,
Favorite Family,
Firsts,
MH Rambles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
heather, it's so nice to catch up and watch your life change and your adventures! : ) I'll be eager to talk to you. We are thinking of trying the potty training and dance thing soon (macy will be 2 in jan.). not sure how I feel about it! : ) you look great!
Post a Comment