Boy or Girl?

Let’s take a moment to talk about baby #2, aka Baby Awesome.

Why Awesome? Well, because he is.

(Also, we’re big fans of the show “Chuck” – and if you watch it, you understand - but I would seriously like to name this baby Awesome.)

We have some back-up names that are a little less far-out. But you internets will probably always know him (or her) as just plain Awesome.

Until we find out what we’re having – which we will, God willing – baby Awesome is - in my head - a boy. If this is not a boy I will be surprised. Mostly because it’s been very different than my last pregnancy, and nearly everyone I know has recently had girls, and we really need some more boys out there to even things out. Either way, we’ll be very happy with Awesome, boy or girl.

Not that this is different from Baby #1, but I’m tired. And nauseous. Again, not new, but I was hoping by 13 weeks the repulsive taste in my mouth would be gone. And that I would have enough energy to get a few more boxes unpacked.

I have the wonderful pregnancy symptom that you never actually throw up, you just feel like you’d really like to – pretty much all the time. The inside of my mouth is HOT. And tastes Horrible. And water tastes worse than any other substance on earth. I will drink it – but it has to be CRAZY cold, and it’s better if you squeeze some lime in.

Normally I have the world’s biggest sweet tooth. But these days I’m craving meat, cheese and salt. That’s the biggest difference between this pregnancy and the last. That’s why I think it’s a boy too – boys like meat. Right?

***

Now, just because I posted this, we’re having a girl.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have a scheduled date to find out the sex? How exciting that you are having another one! You will be one busy momma next year!

*Leah Anderson

Amy said...

When I was pregnant I craved red meat, like steak; wanting to eat it but being nauseous if I had to prepare it. My favorite snack was wheat bread with cream cheese and salt on it; something I never would normally eat. I feel sorry for you having to unpack and set up a new house during this time in your life!!! Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

the domingo tribe said...

Bummer about being nauseous all the time, but congrats on the pregnancy! I'm actually 15 weeks and unfortunately, I have the nausea which includes actually throwing up...AT LEAST once every day. I mean, is it normal to still weigh less than I did before I got pregnant? Ugh. I'm just believing that it will pass soon and I'll actually want to eat again some day! I wish you all well and I'm so excited about Awesome! Love, love, love Chuck, and I am excited that you'll be blessed with your own little Awesome, boy or girl!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers