I had all but given up on potty training.
But on Saturday we spent the afternoon at a friends' pool, and out of nowhere Bug got out three times to go potty. She's crazy about swimming - so apparently she'll do just about anything to be able to keep swimming.
I decided that night that she has the skills to do this, and I'm just going to have to put my foot down and say NO MORE DIAPERS. So, on Sunday we stopped wearing diapers cold turkey (she's wearing a pull-up for nap/bedtime of course).
We haven't just stayed home either. Our lives can't stop again because I'm trying to let Bug run around the house in her birthday suit for a week. So I pack up extra clothes, towels, panties, plastic panties, clorox wipes, our travel potty seat, the Elmo potty, and plastic bags everywhere we go...
The first three days we went through a LOT of pairs of panties, and I found myself cleaning up a LOT of human excrement, but yesterday she made it through the WHOLE day with NO accidents!
Yippee Bug!
****
Super-fun follow up:
Today we went to the mall, and i got so daring as to not put her in the training panty/plastic panty combo... and just as I finally get the straw in her milk, and her nuggets cut up, and the lid off her fruit, and her toy unwrapped, and the ketchup just right, and the baby to sleep, and finally manage to take a bite of my sandwhich she says, "Oh. I need to go potty."
And I look down, and pee has pooled around her feet and is making a giant puddle on the floor in the middle of the mall food court.
I love being a Mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Where did you find the plastic panties?
I am so excited for you! There's not much that compares to the accomplishment of a child no longer needing diapers!
i actually bought them at a garage sale last summer... but they are gerber brand? they are basically just diaper covers for cloth diapering.
and an fyi, plastic panties without the extra-absorbant training underwear are kind of useless... everything comes out without those.
Post a Comment