Today was a wonderful day. The stars aligned for both our girls.
After weeks and weeks of screaming and unpredictable days and nights, Vi took two good naps (in her crib) and a little catnap in the evening. She was fun to be around, and we had a really great day.
I had to work really hard, shushing and patting for the past five days to get her to sleep in her crib. The past week or so, it has taken me at least 45 minutes, but more like 2 hours to get her to sleep in her crib at night.
Today, she went to sleep with about two minutes of fussing. And for her afternoon nap, she went to sleep with out crying at all.
As if this wasn’t enough to celebrate a wonderful day, MissBug also reached a huge milestone today.She peed and pooped on the potty.
She was naked and felt the urge to go, and asked to put her diaper back on. When I refused, she went into a total melt down because she said the big potty was “too scary.”
Once I got her calmed back down (and a quick phone call to my Mom), I sat her down on her little Elmo potty in front of Wonder Pets with a popsicle. I don’t know if she even noticed that she went at first. But when I showed her, it was like I could see a light bulb go on in her head when she finally realized what we’ve been trying to get through to her for almost a year now.
And all it took was some naked time, a popsicle, and a little Elmo potty.
After that moment she went another five or so times, we called everyone we could to tell them about it, and she even managed to poop in it too!
I have to remember this day. Write it down and read about it over and over again. So that when tomorrow the potty is no longer a novelty and the napping is once again a challenge I can hold on to this feeling and remind myself how awesome this day was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful day :). Very much deserved. Love you guys xo.
Potty training is not for the weak. I just wrote about it today (again). Good job!
Post a Comment