One Whole Week

Yesterday little Peanut (aka BabyAwesome) turned ONE WEEK OLD.


What a week it was!

We made it home from the hospital in one piece on Wednesday night, and managed to just make it through a very rough night… only to be followed by Thursday, when her big sister, Bug, started throwing up while at “school.”

Poor little Bug was sick for about 24 hours, and started perking up – just in time for J to come down with the flu bug on Saturday.

All this while, I’m juggling a very small baby who wants to eat CONSTANTLY and feels very strongly against sleeping during normal night time hours. And hoping and praying that she/I don’t get sick as well.

By Sunday morning I was at my wits end. I called my Mom in tears and only managed to get out, “I’m just really overwhelmed.”

Thank goodness for Mom. She was here within an hour with Pepto, and just being here made everything better. (Poor Mom, she’s got the flu now too, though.)

Monday little Peanut had her first doctor’s appointment, which went great… the stats:
Weight: 6lbs 10oz (16%)
that’s a whole pound gained since Wednesday! She’s obviously nursing like a champ
Length: 19.5” (39%)
OFC (head): 13” (8%)

J is feeling better and getting back to normal, and back to work. And Bug is off this morning to go swimming with her Moo-moo.

Last night, we had a relatively peaceful night. Peanut still ate about every 2.5 hours – but went back to sleep in between (thank God!) so I got a little sleep in there, and today I’m feeling like,
Yes – we can do this.

4 comments:

Mike & Biz said...

You CAN do this! And you can call me anytime you need an extra set of hands! Can't wait to see you guys! xoxo

Cam and Katie said...

I promise it does get better! Thank God for moms!! Praying that Violet sleeps a litle better for you :)

designHER Momma said...

oh wow, you're getting broken into fast! Praying for good health for you all and lots of sleep.

and those first few days - girl, you have to sleep when you can. No shame in that, especially if you're up all night.

take care!

Amy said...

She looks so sweet! Hope everyone stays well.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers