So, let's talk about BabyAwesome's name.
I've tried to not include MissBug's name on here in order to give her a little privacy later in life. It's probably not going to work, but I thought the less I could associate her real name with naked baby pictures, probably the better for when she hits adolescence. So, I'm going to do the same for little BabyAwesome, except for this one post.
I'm going to put this out there, because J and I need some feedback on BabyAwesome's name, and I would like to enlist the help of the Internet.
We're going to call BabyAwesome, Violet. That's set in stone (so long as a girl actually comes out), so no use giving us new first names (You know who you are. Mom. Dad.)
What we're having trouble with is her middle name.
We really like the middle name "Isla" (pronounced eye-luh), but we're (I'm) a little hung up on whether or not this will scar her for life. I really love it... but it sort of rhymes with her first name. And there's the issue that no one will be able to spell it.
Violet Isla
So what are your thoughts? I promise, you won't hurt my feelings, this is her NAME, and I don't want to mess her up straight out of the womb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



18 comments:
Being truthful...that is not a good combination. My opinion would be since you have given her a very uncommon first name, then give her a common middle name. This way when she is older she will have the choice of which name to go by. Violet Jane, Violet Renee, Violet Anne...just some examples
I LOVE IT. Violet Isla is awesome, which is good, since, after all, she IS BabyAwesome...
I love the name Violet and had mentioned using it several years ago when I thought we'd have another. I'm not sure about the middle name unless you'd pronounce it like it is spelled (ees-la). But then it kind of sounds like a name where you'd have to explain to everyone if there is a certain meaning behind the name. On the other hand, it's your child and you can name her whatever you like. My son is not thanking me for the middle name Ralph but it was a family name so he got to inherit it. Good luck making a decision...it'll be fine whatever you choose.
I think it's pretty, and it is similar in flow to Bug's name! You're very creative with names, and I love them!
On another note, don't you with "anonymous" commenters would identify themselves? I'm just sayin...
I agree. I do not like the combination together. Isla sounds too much "eyelet" which does rhyme with the first name. Her first name is unique enough. Go with something more middle of the road for the middle name.
I was thinking about her middle name the other day...and I came up with a good one...fits well with child # 1 too...call me and I will share.
As for Isla...I do think it sounds alot like her first name...I do like the name Isla...it could work...kids always grow into their names.
Are you on a flower theme? Violet is very pretty, but Isla is an odd name.
I think she needs something more middle of the road. But it is your kid to name...so you can pick whatever you want.
What's Bug's middle name?
I think the name Violet is very pretty....I don't love Isla with that first name though...if you really do want my honest opinon. I don't have any really good suggestions for you but I am sure in the next 13 weeks you will come up with something awesome!
I thought of the "flower" trend too. Did you mean to do this? A little matchy-matchy.
Love the name Lily and Violet though.
Amy
I think Violet Rae would be super cute :) Congrats on having another girl!
Violet Justine
I love Violet. I like the middle name Ashley. So many different ways to spell. Ashlee-Ashleigh- Ashli- Ashlie-Ashly. What ever you choose I am sure it will be perfect.
Both names are very pretty but having an L in the middle of both of them makes them hard to say together. Also I wonder if she would get some teasing about Violet "eyelet"?
I really like Violet. Since you asked for honest opinions, not so sold on Isla.
Just some food for thought:
Violet Jewel
Violet Skye
Violet Rose
Violet Grace
Let her grow up in a loving, God fearing family and the name will not even matter!
Good Luck!
How about Violet Pearl? That was the color of my first Harley!
Violet is a beautiful name - as beautiful as I am sure she is going to be! I like names that are a little different as long as pronunciation and spelling aren't an issue, and with violet it works.
Not sure about Isla though.. like Isla Fisher? Beautiful first name if you have another girl! Maybe something more mainstream like others suggested?
Violet Michelle
Violet Nicole
Violet Danielle
Violet Abigail
I do like Violet Justine haha ;)
Good luck on naming her love!
I like Violet, too. Not sure about Isla... unless it was Isla Violet. How about Violet Stacy ;)
Post a Comment