Tasty Tuesday - Apple Hermits

I made these little cookies a few weeks ago with the intention of taking them to a friend. I have to admit, that after I tasted the finished result, I decided I couldn't part with them and had to have them all to myself. So I made something else for my friend and kept these tasty little morsels all to myself.

At least I didn't eat them all in one sitting.

Apple Hermits

2 cups all-purpose flour
1t. baking soda
1t. ground cinnamon
1/8t. ground cloves
1/2t. ground nutmeg
1/2t. salt
1/2c. softened butter
1 1/2c. packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1c. chopped walnuts (I left these out)
1 1/2c. chopped apples
3/4c. raisins

In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Mix in sugar and egg. Stir in flour mixture, and mix thoroughly. Fold in nuts, apples, and raisins.

Mold into golf ball sized cookies, and press onto prepared (parchment or cooking spray) cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

These are a really soft cookie, so they last best if you store in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Amy said...

These sound so good and Autumn is on the way so a good apple recipe is certainly in order. Can't wait to try this!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers