Something About this House...

So we've been living with my parents now for five days. And two of those five days have had somewhat - I'll call them, interesting - happenings with little Miss Bug.

On Wednesday she took an extra - and brief - late afternoon nap. She was quiet for about 20 minutes and then I heard her talking and playing. She spends a lot of time in her crib talking to her animals and telling them things like "no, no, no" (they must be very naughty animals), and asking them if they'd like "milk?." Which really could be anything...

So, true to form, I heard her happily babbling away and just let her stay in there for another ten minutes or so.

When I came upstairs and opened the door, she turned to me and put her finger to her lips and said "shhhhh" - this struck me as funny because she'd never done this before, so I didn't notice right away that what she had been so happily playing with was poop.

All. over. everything.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think every baby does this at one point. I think I did. How did you not think to take a picture for the blog (and for future blackmail)?!

Amy said...

I was reading your post happily remembering my son at that age doing the same thing and how I'd lurk outside his door just to listen to him talk to his animals, etc.....then I read the end of your post and just gasped outloud "oh my god!" Hope it wasn't too bad cleaning up.

Andy and Cari said...

I am not sure what to write...except that I hope she didn't eat any!

Sarah said...

This gave me such a good chuckle. I'm guessing that once you handle that, you're pretty much prepared for all other surprises in life and parenting.

Kristen Lopshire said...

Hahahahaha! That is awesome! By the way, we're watching Greg's cousin tomorrow. He's almost 2. We'll probably spend some time playing at the park. I know it's late notice, but if you want to join you are more than welcome.

Cristi Jo said...

I completely feel (smell?) your pain!

thegroves said...

I'm seriously crying. Dying. Laughing so hard I might pee my pants. You need to write a book!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers