Book Baby Shower for Biz

At the last book club meeting, we threw a surprise baby book shower for Biz! She's expecting a baby girl in May, and looking oh-so-cute. What exactly is a baby book shower you ask? Well, everyone in book club brought a favorite book or fairy tale for the new baby. They have a nice little collection now!
For decorations, Katie and I brainstormed some fun ideas like children's books all over the house, and of course, there was a diaper cake. We also played a book-themed game.
The best part though, was the food. Katie came up with the cutest idea! All the food was children's book themed. For example, we had:
"Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs"
"Very Hungry Caterpillar Fruit Kabobs"
"Mr. McGregor's Garden Pizza"
...just to name a few! It was super cute.

Congratulations Biz!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! I'm having a friend of mine a book baby shower in a few weeks. She's due with her 2nd baby girl so we thought this would be a great way to welcome the new baby! Would you mind sharing your game ideas?
I'm so excited!!!
Thanks:)

MH said...

For our game, Katie made a "worksheet" with questions about children's books. There were fill in the blank questions that asked for things like character's names, etc. as well as multiple choice and matching questions.

She's a teacher, so it just comes naturally I think. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers