Tasty Tuesday - Brownie Trifle

This is pure decadence.

We'll be having this deliciousness for New Year's, so I'll try to post a picture... this desert is all about pretty layers, and being delightful to the eyes as well as the tummy. It looks like you worked oh-so-hard, but in fact, it was a cinch. The trifle dish is a must, but if you don't have one, you can find them for less than $10.

Brownie Trifle

1 batch of Bombshell Brownies (or you can cheat and use a packaged brownie, I won't tell)
1 (8 oz.) tub of cool whip
8 (1.4 oz.) Heath bars, crushed
1 package instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding
2c. milk

Crumble the brownies. Combine the milk and pudding, beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes. (Don't chill.)

Layer in a trifle dish, in this order: 1/2 brownies, 1/2 pudding, 1/2 heath bars, 1/2 cool whip. Repeat.

Garnish with some pretty chocolate curls or a few spare heath bar bits and brownies. Chill for 8 hours before serving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely going to have to try this one! Also, how do you get the cute blog header??

MH said...

I made it... want one?

Heidi Stone said...

this sounds really similar to a recipe i make. actually, perhaps this IS the original recipe and i simply changed it to include oreos, because really....oreos are the best cookie known to man.

anyway, easy and delicious! my favorite combo!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers